If you make Home your hobby you will never miss Heaven

Monday, March 8, 2010

Who wants to be a Millionaire

For my Family Finance class we we required to read the Automatic Millionaire. I wasn't sure what to expect at first. How could someone become a millionaire automatically? My thoughts were that it was all about investing in the stock market.

Actually it was only a little about investing. David Bach's theme throughout the book is to make things happen automatically without any extra thought put into it such as setting up automatic bill-pay and having your employer automatically deposit a set percentage of your paycheck into your 401K. There are so many great ideas to follow to finish life rich and happy in retirement.

I strongly encourage you to read this book ( I have it if you want to borrow it). I had so many "of course I should do that" moments, like it just finally clicked in my head. Check out David Bach's website for more info. http://www.finishrich.com/pages/home.php

4 comments:

Riki Lee said...

I wanna borrow!

Jamilyn said...

Me too! I'm so far away though! Maybe someday? I'm still working on another book now.

dalyman said...

I call I get to borrow it before Riki! :)

Annie said...

haha maybe you and Riki should read it for bedtime story