If you make Home your hobby you will never miss Heaven

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Teaching

I absolutely love teaching in the 3rd grade. What was I so worried about! My class is so smart and just love learning.
So far I have been able to teach them 2 math lessons that I prepared myself. This week we are starting to learn about Gravity. The students are excited to learn about it and I am excited to teach them. (did I say that I love my class?)
I hope I am rubbing off on my students as much as they are rubbing off on me. The got me hooked on Fablehaven and now I am on the 4th book. I love reading to them. I have also had the opportunity of introducing them to "Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles." They had never heard of it before. The students are just eating up the story and hate it when I have to stop. If I could, I would read to them all day!


I am always amazed at how well the kids grasp technology. This cartoon really explains things well. The kids are always turning their writings into podcasts and they are so good at it!

2 comments:

Jeremy and Barbara Green said...

I am so happy that you are loving the third grade! I knew you would be great at it. I will have to check out the Whangdoodles book.

Jamilyn said...

How funny! I'm glad you love what you do! That is awesome. I was a student aide with 3rd graders when in high school. It is a fun age! I bet they love you!