If you would like to view my lesson plan click HERE.
My lesson is geared toward the 4th grade. The students learn how to identify different biomes in Utah as well as recognize the different animals that live in the state.
My feedback for the webquest follows:
In my opinion, the best working part of the web quest is the potential for the students to be more involved and in charge of their learning. If I had more time and money, I would like to have a huge room that you could change the environment, (like you see in movies) so that the students can experience different biomes without leaving school.
The planning sheet helped me see visually how to organize my webquest. The peer review helped because we discovered that one of my links didn't work anymore. I have learned that it is easy to include technology in the classroom. It is a way for the students to take the initiative to learn more than what is required.
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Lesson Plan!
Posted by Annie at 1:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
This is so true. I used to think that if you were going to involve technology in the classroom, you would do it by showing videos or something. I think that webquests and blogs and such are really good ideas of ways that you can use technology in the classroom.
I think using technology in our classrooms is very important. It is a part of the students' lives. We need to incorporate this just like we need to incorporate physical movement in the classroom.
Hello Annie!
I LOVED your wish of having a huge room that would allow you to change the environment so students can experience different biomes without even having to leave the school. That would be so cool! Also, I enjoyed looking over your webquest. I think students will really enjoy completing their report as they pretend to be their favorite Utah animal.
Your webquest if very well organized. I like that you put what the links are next to each link and gave instructions next to the link. And I love your idea for what you would do with more money! That would be awesome!!!!
Nicely said. Technology is so important to include because it is such a big part of their lives. Like Makae I think that videos and blogs are super great to use in the classroom. I also think it would be fun for kids to make podcasts of their own so they can hear their own voice. Super cute ideas in your web quest!
I wish that I could have a classroom like that also. It would be such a great way to increase your students background knowledge. At least students can go outside and explore their own biom. Great lesson plan. I think the kids would learn a lot from it.
I really enjoyed your lesson plan. If I was in 4th grade I would love to do that:)
Wow, I really like your idea of transforming your room into different biomes of Utah. That would be so cool!
Post a Comment