Wow, Oakley is one! I didn't think that the time would fly this fast! For his birthday we traveled down to Oak City to celebrate. We had a great time with family and many pictures to document the day.
The day started off with a Happy Birthday song and a birthday outfit. Oakley was kind of puzzled about what was going on and took some coaxing to rip apart the tissue paper.
We then had a delicious breakfast of Cinnamon French Toast Sticks. (We love them)
We then hopped in the car and began the long trek to Grandma's. Once there, I began making the cake and Dan took the birthday boy to his Grandma's in Delta.
My idea for the cake came from a magazine. I thought it looked easy. So many things went wrong from forgotten ingredients, decorator tips, not knowing to flour the pan fist... Well four hours later, I had this.
I was happy how it turned out, considering my mistakes. (Oakley might just have a rectangle cake next year...)
My parents were generous and hosted a barbeque birthday party for Mr. Gordon O. We had both sets of grandparents as well as some uncles and an aunt over to celebrate with us. Oakley loved the food and all of the attention.
Oakley had a great time opening his gifts and playing with them.I think he would have been happy for just one new toy.
We all sang happy birthday to him. We have been practicing our blowing skills at home, but when the moment came to blow the candle out, Oakley was just trying to figure out what was going on and why there was a candle in the cake.
We gave him the head of the bear and just let him dig in. Oh he was in HEAVEN!!
Happy Birthday my little Gordon Oakley!!!
2 comments:
Super cute cake face!!
He is so cute!!! It is amazing how fast the time goes by with the little ones...
Hope you're doing well.
Post a Comment