I know. I should blog more than once a month...
December was full of activities, lazy days, and family. I finally gave into my cinnamon roll craving and made my very first cinnamon rolls. Can I say DELICIOUS!! I gave most of them away. Of course I had to make some more.
We also did some decorating for the holidays. I have been really into burlap this year. So I bought some for our tree. He quickly set it up while Oakley was napping. I wanted to see his face when he first saw it all lit up. He did not disappoint! Oh to be a child again!
I wanted to try teaching Oakley a little bit about the nativity. So I found this free printable and laminated it. I then put magnets on the back so Oakley could play with it on the door. He was overwhelmed with all of the parts so I took most of them down-leaving only Mary, Joseph, Jesus, and the star. He loved it!!
We babysat our little friend for the last time, too, this month. Oakley really learned about being a big brother. We sure like her and will miss having her over to play.
We taught Oakley a new "face". This is his "monkey face."
Oakley absolutely LOVES listen to music (especially Lindsey Sterling) with Daniel's headphones. I just love how his cheeks look when he has them on!
Oakley also got new church clothes. We think that he looks like a little business man, especially when he plays with Daniel's old cell phone.
We also went to our ward Christmas party. Oakley was unsure about Santa. We hung out by him for a while so that Oakley could watch other kids sit on his lap. Finally we tried to get Oakley over there. He wanted nothing to do with that scary man! but of course he would take the candy cane from him.
We also had our annual family get together for the "Christmas Carol" and dinner. This is usually the highlight of our pre-Christmas festivities. I absolutely LOVE the play. We feel like it is the perfect way to start the Christmas season. THANKS MOM AND DAD!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment