My little baby is now a little boy. I can't believe how much he has grown. I keep thinking about all the growth and learning he has down in the past year. What a smart little peanut he is.
Here are his 18 month stats:
Weight 27.2 lbs 55%
Length 33.5 in 80 %
Head Circ. 19.1 in 69%
I have one tall little boy! He has been wearing 24 month clothing for about 2 months now. Oakley still enjoys sign language and is beginning to say actual words. So far we understand Dada, Mom, Nana (banana), Ball, More, Cheese (which is really just a cute buzzing type of sound), Yes, Yeah, and of course NO.
He loves to play with his kitchen and dishes. Oakley is a big helper in the kitchen. He enjoys helping with the loading and unloading of the dishwasher.
We have also been experimenting with different mediums of art. So far we have tried colored pencils, crayons, watercolors, and slick sticks.
We also made play dough this week and he enjoys using the cookie cutters to cut out shapes. I have to laugh when he sneaks a piece of the dough to eat just like when we are making cookies or biscuits.
Books are still a favorite pastime. He especially loves looking at our family yearbook and Mom and Dad's wedding book.
Oakley also loves songs. We often turn music on to dance to and Oakley will spin around. He regularly asks for "Twinkle, Twinkle" by make a diamond with his fingers. I love that he is starting to "sing" along with me. He also enjoys rocking his baby and Zobbs.
Transitioning to one nap was a lot easier than I thought it would be. He took right to it. We moved his mattress to the floor from his toddler bed because he kept falling out, but will now sleep a good 12 1/2-13 hours at night.
He loves getting his picture taken, but don't expect a smile from him! He is such a goof and loves to play on his bed.
0 comments:
Post a Comment