We had a wonderful weekend with family. Memorial Day seems to have always been a big deal with my family. Growing up we would head over to Richfield and Venice to make a round of the cemeteries and family graves. My Aunt Janese would always share stories with us of our ancestors and my Grandpa Christensen would be part of the program in Richfield. It is a tradition that I miss. Some day I need to track down all of those wonderful stories and record them for my children.
This year we stuck around Delta/Oak City and played with cousins.
Oakley loved this little car that his Grandma Kunz has. He is a pro at driving backwards!
These two boys were such great playmates. Bentley asked Oakley to come sit by him and watch him play his game.
These two cousins will be good friends, too, when they get bigger. Stanford and Benson had matching tie onsies for church.Oakley was trying to figure out the wiggle cars.
And Bentley was kind enough to drive Oakley around. I think they even went to get chicken nuggets at the drive through.
Sunday night, Grandpa Staheli had a sleepout with the three cousins. Isn't that fun! This is the view of the tent from the door when I went to see them in the morning. Can you see Oakley?
There he is!
He was completely under the blankets.
One of my favorite parts of Memorial Day is the breakfast that the Lyman family does for everyone. They are THE BEST pancakes you will ever have. I look forward to them every year. My sister married into the Lyman family and she said they served over 1200 people and ran out of batter for the first time.Oakley sure enjoyed the pancakes, too
While waiting for everyone to finish eating, Oakley was running around and playing. He ran right of the ledge with the benches landing flat on his nose. Immediately there was a ring of red around his nose. Poor kid was not happy. I worried that he broke his nose, but there was no blood and he was all better when we got home and watched Super Why.
Benson? Well...he was just happy with all of the attention he was getting from Grandmas and grandpas.
0 comments:
Post a Comment