I love this holiday. I don't know what I love most. Is it the parade? Family? Sun? BBQs? Fireworks? Derby?
While I was doing my student teaching last year I asked my kindergarten students why they have the 4th of July. They had no idea. They just thought it was all about parades and fireworks. I was sad they didn't know about the birth of our country or the brave men and women that have defended it over the years. I love everything about this holiday and vow to teach my children the importance of it.
I love how the Delta parade starts.
My favorite float of the whole parade. Every time I see these veterans, my eyes tear up.
Oakley enjoyed Grandma Staheli's lap for a little bit.
And Benson enjoyed being with his Grandma Kunz. He pretty much slept through the entire parade.
Emersen taught Oakley all about collecting candy. She was a pro. She figured out that if she waved at everyone, they would throw her candy.
Oakley didn't care too much. But sure enjoyed having his daddy help with the collection.
This was the most exciting thing Oakley picked up. He loved it!
Oakley surprised us with this silly face. I didn't know he knew how to do that!
Oakley enjoyed playing with the bubbles in the stream at the city park.
We had a good hot dog roast.
And Oakley rode around with his cousins. They sure get along well together!
Oakley was also a good helper in the kitchen.
And got soooo tired and would only nap on Grandma.
I asked my sister to take a family picture for us. Her kids thought they should be in the picture too. I love the chaos. I gave me a small foreshadow of years to come!
Don't you love all of my kids? I DO!
Emersen wanted to hold Benson. She is so cute with him!
Grandma tried to read stories to all of the kids. I love how crazy they all were but still paying attention to the story.
Oakley loves his cousins. They seem to enjoy him too. He will eat all of their scraps. Bentley was sharing his smarties.
0 comments:
Post a Comment