If you make Home your hobby you will never miss Heaven

Friday, January 29, 2010

UEN.org

As with many teacher helps out there, UEN.org can make the teaching load a little lighter. There are a lot of awesome helps such as video clips that you can incorporate into the classroom learning. From my brief experience with it, I have discovered two main features that I really enjoy.
The pioneer library feature is great! you can pull up current newspaper articles and encyclopedias. (This is always handy when you have curious students.) I also really like the lesson planner. I have made lesson plans before and it was kind of a pain to flip through the core that I printed off. With the lesson planner, the core objectives, standards, and indicators are very organized and easy to find. You can also store all of you lesson plans in one place so none of them get lost!

4 comments:

Makae said...

I agree with your excitement about the online lesson planner. I get nervous having everything in hard copies because it's easier to lose them, but with this electronic thing, everything's there in one piece and it's all easier to use at once. I love the idea of not being able to lose my information ... good plan!

Darcy Beckstrom said...

I really love the pioneer library too. It will be so easy to even incorporate something that is happening in the world every morning. You could easily look up current events and keep students knowledgeable about what is going on in the world around them. It is so nice that technology can make lesson planning so much easier and quicker.

Ms. Poulson's Blog said...

I believe that anything available to make the teaching load lighter is amazing but what's even better about UEN is it is legit. There's no guessing it's the "real deal!"

Marianne said...

I also loved the library feature. I thought how you could bring up those electronic books was so cool! It is amazing what technology can do for us in the classroom!