If you make Home your hobby you will never miss Heaven

Monday, February 1, 2010

Emergency Preparedness


This Sunday our combined Relief Society/Priesthood meeting was about preparing for emergencies. We had some speakers talk about 72 hour kits, food storage, and all of that kind of stuff. As always it was a really good reminder to set goals to build food storage and put together a good and portable 72 hour kit.
After the meeting we had a linger longer. The dinner was all made out of food storage items. It was so good and filling too. On the menu was homemade whole wheat tortillas with black beans, rice, chicken, and other toppings as well as chili and cobbler. I was truly amazed at how good everything was! If anyone went away hungry it was their own fault.
I've decided that I need to learn how to use food storage better and collect recipes that will be easy to make should anything happen.

0 comments: