Here are some funny excerpts from today's collaborative writing exercises:
My name is Bermice and I am an Olympic Curler. If you think curling has something to do with your hair, you are mistaken. A lot of practice goes into each part of our team and cooperative effort. We have to mentally prepare ourselves to begin practice. Then we have to maintain our gear so that it works properly. We use those brooms to the best of their ability, sweeping and sweeping. It takes a smooth gliding push to secure the gold medal. Not only that but an extreme amount of stregthen. I don’t know exactly what strengthen is, but I certainly do have a lot of it.
Day at the Olympics
Wheaties, the breakfast of champions. That is what I need to win. The box is covered in winners, so that's is proof that it works. If I would have known this sooner, I would have found a way to get on that box a long time ago! How do they do it anyway? I'll have to find a good photographer. A profile picture would be nice, what with my prominent nose and such! My goal in this life is to be on that beautiful orange box! But then again, why would I want to be on a cereal box when so many more things are more prestigious. Like...climbing Mt. Everest. Wouldn't that make me feel so ... accomplished? Or, I could be on a cereal box, where all the little kids fight over who gets to look at my picture. That does sound nice too.
I know most of it sounds silly, but Collaborative writing can be beneficial for children. It can help with writing skills and story flow. Some students may have a hard time sitting down and writing a story, but using collaborative writing, they can just write a sentence or two on each others papers. This can make stories really silly and engage the children in writing.
Friday, February 19, 2010
Collaborative Writing....
Posted by Annie at 9:09 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I really agree with the idea that collaberative writing helps engage children in writing. Lots of the time, children are nervous when they have to write a whole story. By having them just write a few sentences, it can really take a lot of stress off of them.
I agree. Students can get a sense of creativity with each new story. It would just be a fun event for them all. So that when they have to write their own stories, they'll probably do better than having to come up with something from scratch.
This seems like so much fun! If we were able to have this much fun writing a collaborative story, I think our students will definitely benefit from that as well.
Post a Comment