We are told constantly to work on developing our talents. I have always been grateful that my mother took the time to teach me how to sew while I was young. She is an amazing seamstress and quilter herself and I only hope to develop a fraction of her skill.
I saw a picture of an adorable chevron puff rag quilt on pinterest.
I decided that I wanted to make a version of this blanket for Oakley's new bed. Obviously I have never done a quilt on this scale or even done piece work. This looked simple enough of a project to start.
Of course I made a couple of calls to my mom to verify my thinking on how to execute this pattern. (She is always available to help with my project questions. Isn't she wonderful?)
So after a few weeks of sewing an hour here and there I have finally finished the quilt!
The boys had to try it out and decided that it was cuddly enough to be the perfect blanket for Oakley.
I may not of done the puff technique correctly, but I did it! I learned some things along the way which will help me become an even better quilter.

2 comments:
Way to go! I would probably never even attempt that. Its so cute and I like the owl fabric on the back. Did you use your new camera to take pictures of it? :-)
It looks great!
Post a Comment